2008 After waiting months for the 1st of the year to come around, I registered my business with the state like an afterthought and completed my first website. I had already started collecting bicycles and gear for a fleet and the 2007 garage sale season had rained bikes upon me. After taking some time to hone my mechanic skills, I bought liability insurance and completed my first “official” bike tour. I started volunteering for the Community Cycling Center and attended dozens of bike related events. I went to the Car Free Cities Conference, the National Handmade Bike Show, the Oregon Manifest Show, Cirque de Cycling, and raced my first Cyclocross season ( single speed YEah! ) under my own business name. I set up guerrilla style on the Eastbank Esplanade and talked with commuters and tourists about my Ideas. I was picked to show a custom bike in the greener homes and gardens expo. I checked out road races, attended BTA workshops on bike commuting and gave my own workshops wherever I could find a host with space for participants. I volunteered for the Bicycle Transportation Alliance Bicycle Safety Education Program and saw the next generation learn the rules of the road. I rented bikes out of my basement for a while, and ended up buying a short school bus to move bikes around and act as a support vehicle for longer distance bike tours. I got to be on the KBOO bike show and experienced my first Filmed By Bike Film Festival. A busy year for sure and my first whole business season of leading bike tours and showing off Portland’s bike infrastructure. Just the beginning.
You are here: Home > tours
Tag Archives | tours
- 10% Discount for Participating Old Town Businesses January 6, 2015
- Christmas/New Years Hours 2014 December 22, 2014
- Just in time for Christmas, Old Town Businesses Celebrate new crosswalks December 19, 2014
- Utropstecken! Cycle Portland media love from the Swedes December 17, 2014
- For a Good Time, Travel Oregon September 9, 2012
- Join Us at the 8th annual Pacific Crest Trail Days. August 26, 2014
- Romantic couple leaves on ride, returns engaged! June 17, 2012
- Oregon Pinot Noir wins again! Join us on a Tasting. November 22, 2012
- Cycle Portland’s Seasonal Tasting Tour: Breweries By Bike | Metro: […] with the brewery tour, they offer a Food...
- Cycle Portland’s Seasonal Tasting Tour: Breweries By Bike | Metro: […] Portland also has a full service bike sh...
- Bicycle Shops in Portland - Enginerve : Bikes: […] Cycle Portland Bike Tours 11...
- Ezequiel: Patrick & Kelly FraherBest of luck Ian .Many t...
Acive Transportation Summit adventure bachelorette Best of Portland bicycle bicycle rentals bicycle tours bike bike rental Bike Ride BIke Shop bike stories bike tours brewery tour Bridge pedal Columbia gorge tours cycle pdx Cycle Portland cycling Essential Portland Tour events guide to Portland international travel Oregon Bike Tours outdoor leadership education portland bicycle Pacific NW Pannier Pdx Bridge Tour Portland Portland Bikeability Tour portland foodie tour Portlandia Tour portland microbreweries portland wedding Rentals Review Sweden Tastes of Portland Tour Thule Pack 'N Pedal Commuter tours travel vacation wedding
Chance of a Thunderstorm55°/45°